Here is a little about our operation and equipment. We are a family owned and operated business that started in 2009. We specialize in portable sawmill work with the goal to supply customers with what they need for any woodworking project. Our portable sawmill can handle logs up to 42’’ x 21’ long. The maximum size material we can produce is 34 1/2’’ wide x 20’ 6’’ long. The kerf/waste from the blade is 3/32” thick. With our chainsaw mill, the maximum size material we can produce is 48’’ wide slabs and 60” diameter rounds. With our chainsaw mill there is no limit for milling length. The kerf/waste from the chain is 5/16’’ thick. Below is some additional information regarding our pricing along with setup and safety information.
Deposit: All jobs require a minimum $250 deposit to start. Deposit confirms work will be done and locks in milling dates. All deposits will be subtracted from total project cost.
- Travel charge: Jobs over 15 miles, $1.50/mile from Pine Bush, NY.
- Delivery: Log / lumber material transport to/from our Pine Bush, NY location - $2.00/mile.
- Sawmill time: Hourly rate your location $95 / our location $85 (based on sawmill hour meter)
- Chainsaw mill time: Hourly rate your location $85 / our location $75
- Labor: Outside of milling time, $25/hr per person. Labor includes setup, slab / lumber stacking, and cleanup. One or two capable persons provided (not required) by the home owner to assist during milling may help with lowering the labor charge and assist in amount of work completed each day.
- Prep work: $90 per hour. "Prep work" are tasks that customer could do before-hand, such as log cleaning (removal of dirt, mud & inclusions), trimming or moving logs for staging in relation to sawmill setup location.
- Blade / chain damage: cost per blade / chain due to wood inclusions (not normal wear)
$40 per carbon blade (semi-rough sawn)
$90 per carbide blade (semi-smooth sawn)
$50 per chain
A days work: Sawmill - there can be may variables that affect how much can be accomplished in a work day. Including mill rate, labor, damaged blades, and prep time, the average cost of milling is $110 per log. An average day will consist of milling 10 - 15 logs, 16’’-20’’ x 16’ logs all depending how logs are staged, and the desired finish material. Day average is 1500 - 1800 board feet.
Material Storage: Safe, dry, secure storage for your milled material is available at our milling location in Pine Bush, NY. Storage locations are ideal for air drying cut lumber and slabs. Storage rate: $0.01/board foot/day. Storage rate applies to all finished jobs & material after the customer has been notified of job completion / ready for pickup.
Any pictures of your logs and property will be helpful in determining positioning and set up before we arrive at your location. Please let us know if you have any questions before we arrive to start your project.
Most common milling
- post & beam lumber
- wide board siding
- horse fencing
- cattle fencing
- outdoor slabs for tables
- trailer decking
- house decking
- live edge slabs
- reclaimed lumber milling
- large rounds for tables
We have a cycling supply of live edge slabs 8/4’’ & 10/4’’
All slabs are green with minimal air dry time, between 1-6 months.
Walnut, red/white oak, maple, cherry,
Most sizes range mostly from 10’’-28’’ wide 10’-16’ long
Larger sizes can be arranged if ordered in advance.
LIVE EDGE SLABS - some in stock / various time air dried Slabs & can be cut to any size, 8/4, 10/4, 12/4, etc.
- Black Walnut - $4.25
- Cherry - $3.75
- Red Oak, - $2.50
- Hard & Soft Maple - $2.50
- Ash - $3.25
- Elm - $2.75
- Locust - $3.25
- White Oak - $3.25
- Pin Oak - $2.25
- We can get most any species if desired
PLANKING / BOARDS In stock items - various time air dried Material can be cut to any sizes, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 8/4+ x 3”- 12”
- Black Walnut, various grades - $3.75
- Hard Maple, various grades - $2.50
- Locust, various grades - $3.00
- Soft Maple, various grades - $2.50
- Red Oak, various grades - $2.00
- White Oak, various grades - $2.75
- Pin Oak - various grades - $1.75
- Pine, various grades - $1.50
- Ash, various grades - $3.25
- Cedar, various grades - $5.50
- Catalpa, various grades - $5.00
- We can get most any species if desired
Hardwood slab Firewood $50 per load you pick up.
Stock changes daily, call or text for current supply.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers